This course provides an introduction to the SQL language.
This course is appropriate for customers working in all DB2 environments, that is, z/OS, VM/VSE, iSeries, Linux, UNIX, and Windows. It is also appropriate for customers working in an Informix environment.
- Code SQL statements to retrieve data from a DB2 or Informix table, including the SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY clauses
- Code inner joins and non-correlated subqueries
- Use SQL arithmetic operations
- Use scalar and column functions
- Use UNION and UNION ALL
- INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE rows
- Code simple CREATE TABLE and CREATE VIEW statements
This basic course is for everyone needing to write, support, or understand SQL queries. This includes but is not limited to end-users, programmers, application designers, db administrators, and system admin.
You should have:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic editing skills
Database skills are not required.
- Simple SQL Queries
- Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables
- Scalar Functions and Arithmetic
- Column Functions and Grouping
- UNION and UNION ALL
- Using Subqueries
- Maintaining data