This course is designed to show you how to migrate and deploy Case Manager solutions between environments.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
After completing this unit, you should be able to:
- Explain the migration process.
- Prepare for solution migration.
- Migrate the solution application from development to UAT.
- Deploy and test the solution application in UAT.
- Configure a target environment
This course is intended for system administrators and solution builders.
System administrators are responsible for moving and deploying solutions to different environments.
Solution builders are responsible for packaging their solutions and providing instructions to administrators for unpacking and deployment.
Before taking this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of IBM FileNet P8 object store objects and metadata.
- Knowledge of IBM Case Manager solution architecture.
- Proficiency with navigating and using the following interfaces: IBM FileNet Workplace XT, IBM Case Manager Client, IBM Case Manager Builder, Administration Console for Content Platform Engine.
Familiarity with Case Manager and P8 Platform terms, including:
- Case Manager solution
- Object store
- Document types
- Case types
- FileNet Deployment Manager (FDM)
Recommended prerequisite courses:
- IBM Case Manager 5.2: Solution Building (F248G)
- IBM Case Manager 5.2: Security (F216G)
Migration Process Overview
- Phases of Solution Migration
- Concepts - Terminology
- Concepts – Terminology (2)
- Case Manager Environments
- Solution application
- Solution Migration Process
- Solution Application Migration Process
- Ensuring Object Identifier Stability
- Source and Destination Environment Compatibility
Prepare for Solution Migration
- Solution Application Package
- Identify Solution Application Assets
- Asset Tracking Spreadsheet
- Plan the Migration Strategy
- Perform One-time Configuration and Setup Tasks
- FDM Review – FileNet Deployment Tree
- Export the Solution Application Assets
- Export the Solution Package
- Export Security Configuration
- Export Audit Configuration
- Export Workflow System Configuration
- Export Other FileNet P8 Assets
- Export Other FileNet P8 Assets (2)
- Export Other FileNet P8 Assets (3)
- Export Other IBM and External Assets
- Stage the Solution in the Destination Environment
- Import Case Manager Solution Assets
- Prepare FileNet P8 Assets for Import
- Deploy Phase
- Deploy Phase
- Import FileNet P8 Assets
- Import FileNet P8 Assets (2)
Configure the Target Environment
- Configure Target Environment After Solution Deployment
- Apply Security Configuration to Target Environment
- Apply Security Configuration to Target Environment (2)
- Verify the Solution Deployment