This course is designed to introduce the student to the capabilities of BigSheets. BigSheets is a component of InfoSphere BigInsights. It provides the analyst the ability to be able to visualize and analyze data stored HDFS using a spreadsheet type interface without any programming.
- Describe how BigSheets can help with the business and technical challenges of big data
- Create BigSheet workbooks
- From data stored in HDFS
- Directly from data generated by an application
- Use BigSheets readers to properly parse data in BigSheets
- Create sheets within workbooks
- List the different types of functions available when creating a new sheet
- Create charts to more easily visualize BigSheets results
- Export BigSheets data to a web browser or a file in HDFS
- Integrate workbooks with Big SQL tables
This intermediate course is for Business analysts planning on working with BigSheets.
Having attended InfoSphere BigInsights Foundation (DW612 ) or equivalent knowledge would be useful.
- Introduction to BigSheets
- Making Data Available to BigSheets
- Navigating a Workbook
- Expressions and Functions
- Big SQL Integration
- BigSheets Visualizations