This course concentrates on the core skills required to do effective Perl 5 programming. This course also introduces the extensive module library, with particular attention to using Perl for working with databases.
Learn the core skills required to be an effective Perl 5 programmer.
This course introduces the extensive module library, with emphasis on how to use Perl to work with databases.
Have a firm grounding in the Perl language and be able to:
- Write Perl scripts for data-processing, system administration, and other applications
- Use modules from the Perl Module Library to improve your efficiency
This advanced course is designed for individuals who want to use Perl to improve their productivity such as:
- System administrators
- Database administrators
- Developers looking for a powerful programming environment
- Tivoli administrators, etc.
You should have:
- Familiarity with AIX/UNIX or Windows operating systems
- Proficiency with a text editor, such as vi or emacs
- Familiarity with shell scripting, C, or other procedural programming languages
- Simple data types
- I/O using standard input and output
- Flow control
- Lists and arrays
- Regular expressions
- String and array processing
- Multi-dimensional and associative arrays
- User-defined subroutines
- File I/O
- Advanced flow control
- Dealing with files and directories
- Running perl
- Report generation
- Accessing operating system data
- Running external programs
- Introduction to modules
- A database interface