Learn the latest features in PowerHA SystemMirror.
- effectively administer and monitor a IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX cluster;
- implement PowerHA SystemMirror for the more complex advanced AIX configuration options;
- perform problem determination on a PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX cluster.
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in an instructor lead course environment, either in a face-to-face classroom or in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online).
- Review fundamental PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX concepts and components
- Understand what is new with PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX V6.1
- Use the more complex extended path configuration options
- Determine the status of the cluster and cluster components
- Integrate applications into PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX
This advanced course is for experienced AIX system administrators and support personnel who are responsible for the administration, maintenance, and implementation of PowerHA SystemMirror clusters on IBM Power p systems running AIX.
You should have experience installing and performing standard PowerHA for AIX configuration functions, which can be obtained by attending one of the following courses:
- PowerHA for AIX I: Implementation, Configuration and Administration (AN410) or (AX410) or
- HACMP Systems Administration I: Planning and Implementation (AU540)
or equivalent experience.
You should also be familiar with:
- The AIX operating system
- The IBM server hardware they are using
- The principles of good system management
- TCP/IP communications concepts and tools
- LVM concepts and configuration
- Good Korn Shell script programming
- Unit 1: PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX concepts review
- Exercise 1: Create a cluster
- Unit 2: PowerHA SystemMirror extended configuration and migration
- Exercise 2: PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX migration and extended configuration, Part 1
- Unit 2: PowerHA SystemMirror extended configuration and migration (continued)
- Unit 3: Determining the cluster status
- Exercise 2: PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX migration and extended configuration, Part 2
- Exercise 3: Monitoring and notification
- Unit 4: Application integration
- Exercise 4: Configuring a highly available TSM server
- Unit 5: Problem Determination Overview
- Exercise 5: PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX problem determination basics
- Unit 6: Application and Event Script problems
- Exercise 6: Event script application problem determination (and monitoring)
- Unit 7: LVM and C-SPOC problems
- Exercise 7: LVM configuration problems
- Unit 8: Networking and RSCT problems
- Exercise 8: Network and RSCT problems
- Open lab time