This course teaches IBM Platform Symphony Application Programming version 7.1.
The course helps attendees learn both basic and advanced programming skills for grid enabling applications using Symphony Developer Edition. The attendees will gain a solid understanding of Symphony architecture, learn Symphony grid enablement features and skills, and acquire various tips and techniques for performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Define Platform Symphony concepts and architecture
- Provide an overview of Platform Symphony development
- Describe Platform Symphony API basics
- Explain the Application execution management and deployment feature
- Detail the Platform Symphony error handling
- Describe the process of optimizing applications using Platform Symphony API
- Use advanced application execution management
- Describe performance tuning
- Troubleshoot Platform Symphony API
- Apply best practices while working with Platform Symphony API
- Describe Platform Symphony API add-on products
This course is designed for Application Programmers who will grid enable existing applications, or design and develop new grid ready applications.
You should be familiar with one popular programming language such as C++ and with UNIX/Linux and/or Windows operating systems. Previous experience with grid computing technologies and solutions is beneficial but not required.
- Platform Symphony concepts and architecture
- Introduction to Platform Symphony development
- Platform Symphony API basics
- Application execution management and deployment
- Platform Symphony error handling
- Optimizing applications using Platform Symphony API
- Advanced application execution management
- Performance tuning; Troubleshooting
- Best practices
- Add-on products