Data is growing faster in massive stages than ever before, as new data is created every second by big data analytics, mobile devices and social applications. At the rate at which data is increased, businesses of all sizes — large or small — are faced with challenges like capacity growth, performance impact, and day-to-day management of maintaining and retaining the accuracy of data in the either the data centers or the cloud.
To meet the needs of businesses and innovated devices, IBM offers a robust and cognitive solution of storage systems designed to analyze massive amounts of data. IBM Storage solutions provide the speed and performance of ready data access with the agility and efficiency of hybrid cloud and software-defined storage. More importantly, product solutions that connect data across any architecture, helping businesses to face challenges head on while reducing total cost of ownership.
Introduction to storage, SS01, is a fundamental course for the IBM Storage portfolio of products. This course will cover basic elements of storage concepts and storage solutions, RAID technology, and connectivity. This course will also cover the concept of high availability and business continuity planning for disaster recovery as well as discuss the concept of storage virtualization and its many benefits. In addition, this course will highlight the IBM Storage system solutions of disks, flash systems and tape designed for all types of business needs. We also cover the SAN family to help maintain continuity, and IBM Spectrum Suite of software for managing data storage include storage solutions for the Cloud.
There are no labs for this course.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
• Summarize the units associated with the Introduction to Storage course
• Recall the essentials of disk storage
• Outline the continuity plans to maintain high availability and data protection in storage solutions.
• Restate the concepts of the storage virtualization.
• Differentiate the types of the disk/all-flash storage solutions.
• Compare the types of the tape storage solutions.
• Distinguish between storage connectivity options.
• Differentiate between the features of the Spectrum Storage Suite of software.
• Clarify the various Cloud storage considerations.
Participants of this course will include personnel who have the desire to learn about storage and IBM related storage products.
Unit 1: Course Overview
Unit 2: Essentials of storage
Unit 3: Data Protection and High Availability
Unit 4: Storage Virtualization
Unit 5: IBM System Storage Disk Systems and Flash Based Systems
Unit 6: IBM System Storage Tape Systems
Unit 7: IBM System Storage SAN Family Overview
Unit 8: IBM Storage and Cloud
Unit 9: IBM Spectrum Storage