This course teaches IBM Spectrum Scale version 4.2.
The course is intended for IT professionals tasked with administering an IBM Spectrum Scale system on Linux and AIX environments. This course includes information on installing, configuring, and monitoring an IBM Spectrum Scale cluster. Many features are described and tested on lab activities including: Storage management, High availability options, cluster management, and information lifecycle management (ILM) tools.
Note: Although the lab is created to run on Linux, because the Spectrum Scale differences running on an AIX environment are minor, the skills intended to be acquired during the course include both Linux and AIX.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Present an overview on IBM Spectrum Scale
• Install and configure IBM Spectrum Scale
• Describe the IBM Spectrum Scale cluster
• Detail the ILM tools
• Describe high availability
• Manage and monitor IBM Spectrum Scale
• Troubleshoot and recover IBM Spectrum Scale
• Describe cNFS
• Set up an IBM Spectrum Scale multi-cluster
• Describe Active File Management
• Describe IBM Spectrum Scale native RAID
Please refer to Course Overview for description information.
The student is expected to have a good understanding of UNIX/Linux, SAN, and Storage concepts.
IBM Spectrum Scale 4.1 system administration introduction
Installation and basic configuration
The IBM Spectrum Scale cluster
Management and monitoring
Tuning, troubleshooting and recovery
Clustered NFS (cNFS)
Active File Management
File Placement Optimizer
IBM Spectrum Scale 4.1 encryption
IBM Spectrum Scale native RAID