This course is a 1-day instructor-led course in which you learn to create Cognos reports in the TPC web-based GUI. The course also covers Cognos configuration to email reports and export them to file systems.
This intermediate-level course is designed for storage administrators.
You should understand storage virtualization, SAN management, and zoning.
o Cognos Reporting
• Lesson 1 - Introduction to Tivoli Cognos Reporting
• Lesson 2 - Query Studio
• Lesson 3 - Customizing Cognos
• Lesson 4 - Multiple server access for Tivoli Common Reporting
• Lesson 5 - Restoring deleted predefined reports
• Exercise 1 - Testing the status of the local server and adding a remote server to monitor
• Exercise 2 - Viewing and modifying a predefined report
• Exercise 3 - Configuring email in Cognos
• Exercise 4 - Scheduling a report for distribution
• Exercise 5 - Using Cognos reports to determine resource relationship and performance
• Exercise 6 - Modifying a report in Cognos Report Studio to consolidate multipath information
• Exercise 7 - Configuring Cognos to save reports to a file system
• Exercise 8 - Saving a report to an external file system
• Exercise 9 - Creating a report by using Query Studio
• Exercise 10 - Running the new report
• Exercise 11 - Gathering data and reporting changes in Cognos
• Exercise 12 - Reporting on multiple Spectrum Control servers
• Exercise 13 - Restoring default reports