Learn about the Information Management System (IMS) High Availability Large Database (HALDB). Examine how databases may be migrated to HALDB and the advantages of using HALDB.
- Define HALDB databases and their partitions
- Understand database administrator responsibilities in managing HALDB
- Develop procedures for the support and recovery of HALDB
- Migrate databases to the use of HALDB
- Understand application design for HALDB
This is an intermediate course for IMS database administrators, who implement and manage HALDB.
You should complete:
- Physical Organization of Databases (CM220) or
- Physical Organization of Databases - Web (CMW22)
- or have equivalent work experience.
You should have:
- working knowledge of IMS full function databases
- database administrator responsibilities for their support.
- Database Structures
- Partition Selection
- DBRC Support
- Database Commands
- Database Creation and Migration
- Changing Databases
- Secondary Indexes
- Application and Miscellaneous Considerations
- HALDB Online Reorganization