Obiettivi del Corso
This course is focused on arming the Network Security Engineer (NSE) with the fundamentals of configuring network Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPSs), with a focus on implementing this on Cisco IPS devices. The NSE will benefit from receiving the fundamentals within the context of a hands-on immersion into doing IPS design and administration on real Cisco IPS devices.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Evaluate products and deployment architectures for the Cisco IPS product line
- Perform an initial implementation of a Cisco IPS sensor
- Implement an initial security policy using a Cisco IPS sensor according to local policies and environmental requirements
- Deploy customized policies to adapt Cisco IPS traffic analysis and response to the target environment
- Implement a basic Cisco IPS data management and analysis solution Implement complex Cisco IPS policy virtualization, high availability, and high perfor-mance solutions according to policy and environmental requirements
- Perform the initial setup of, and maintain specific Cisco IPS hardware
IPSs are critical in preventing intrusions, and Cisco’s IPS is a primary product in the IPS market.
Network Security Engineers (NSEs) involved in IPS design, implementation and maintenance. Cisco customers and Partner who implement and maintain Cisco IPS solutions Cisco engineers who support the sale of Cisco IPS Solutions
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification:
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2 (ICND2)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) certification:
- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
The Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) v7.0 course is an instructor-led course presented by Cisco training partners to their end-user customers. This five-day course aims at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to deploy Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)-based security solutions. Successful gra-duates will be able to reduce risk to the IT infrastructure and applications using Cisco IPS features, and provide detailed operations support for the Cisco IPS.
- Day 1: Introduction to Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Cisco IPS Software, and Supporting Devices; Installing and Maintaining Cisco IPS Sensors
- Day 2: Installing and Maintaining Cisco IPS Sensors; Applying Cisco IPS Security Policies
- Day 3: Applying Cisco IPS Security Policies; Adapting Traffic Analysis and Response to the Environment
- Day 4: Adapting Traffic Analysis and Response to the Environment; Managing and Analyzing Events
- Day 5: Deploying Virtualization, High Availability, and High Performance Solutions; Configuring and Maintaining Specific Cisco IPS Hardware