This Logic Pro X 10.3 Professional Music Production course is designed to provide students with the ability to record, arrange, mix, produce, and polish music. Project-based instructions teach everything from basic music creation to sophisticated production techniques. You’ll learn to record audio and MIDI, create and edit sequences, and master mixing and automation techniques such as submixing with Track Stacks or the practical uses of true stereo panning.
You will create both acoustic and electronic virtual drum performances using Drummer tracks with Drum Kit Designer and Drum Machine Designer. You’ll use Logic Pro X MIDI plug-ins and Smart Controls to control software synthesizers from a MIDI controller or an iPad. Flex Time will allow you to precisely edit the timing of notes inside an audio recording, and you’ll explore Flex Pitch to correct the pitch of a vocal recording.
Finally, you’ll mix, automate, and master a song, using plug-ins to process only selected sections or entire tracks, giving your audio creations the final polish needed to achieve a professional sound.
Upon completing the course, you can become Apple Certified by passing the Logic Pro X 10.3 certification exam at an Apple Authorized Training Provider.
This Logic Pro X 10.3 Professional Music Production course teaches participants the following skills:
- Setting up Logic Pro X 10.3 and making music with Apple loops
- Making music with MIDI and software instruments
- Recording audio
- Mixing: Automation, Channel EQ, Compression, Space Designer Reverb, Using Aux Sends and Groups, Delay Designer, Echo, Amp Designer, Pedalboard, Modulation Plugins, Flex Time, Flex Pitch and Bouncing.
- Foundations of how to master you own track.
Those with basic music production skills who wish to improve
Experienced music performers who want to know how to record their ideas
New and experienced Logic users who want to deepen their knowledge
- Basic Music Skills
- A Working Mac or MacBook
- Logic Pro X Software
Exploring the Interface and Working with Real Instruments
- Lesson 1 Make Music with Logic Now
- Lesson 2 Recording Audio
- Lesson 3 Editing Audio
Working with Virtual Instruments
- Lesson 4 Producing a Virtual Drum Track
- Lesson 5 Using Patches and Recording MIDI
- Lesson 6 Creating and Editing MIDI
Building a Song
- Lesson 7 Editing Pitch and Time
- Lesson 8 Editing an Arrangement
Mixing and Automating a Song
- Lesson 9 Mixing
- Lesson 10 Automating the Mix