Do you need an effective method to capture and validate end user input, in real time, either from the Web or in stand-alone applications? Are you in an industry that requires an exact match to existing web applications or paper forms to meet government or industry regulations? Is there a need to upgrade the end user experience to eliminate input errors so that only validated and required data is collected by your application or service?
IBM Forms V8.0 automates forms-based business processes to help improve efficiency, customer service, and time to value making you more responsive to customer and market needs. IBM Forms V8.0 enables Line-of-Business and IT users to collect data and automate processes via agile web-applications, as well as classic document based forms applications in one nicely integrated package, which can also be utilized on iOS and Android tablet based devices.
A new key feature in IBM Forms version 8.0 introduces IBM Forms Experience Builder, which provides the following benefits to line of businesses and IT users:
- Exceptional web-based data collection applications
- Easy-to-use, web-driven creation of compelling, data collection user interface
- Lightweight routing for approvals and notifications
- CSS-based styling
- Easy integration with REST Services via REST API
- Learn about the key features provided in IBM Forms version 8 with the focus on the new IBM Forms Experience Builder.
- Using the IBM Forms Experience Builder, you will learn to use the simple web-based user interface to:
- develop interactive form driven applications
- integrate role based security
- implement the integrated lightweight routing for approvals and notifications
- explore personalized integration with WebSphere Portal
- leverage open standards utilizing REST API services
This intermediate course is designed for IBM Forms Solution Architects and developers.
You should have:
- Good technical understanding of Internet concepts
- General understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, systems, and languages
- Some knowledge of Web 2.0 concepts
Experience with XML and Java technology is desirable. Experience with IBM Forms development is recommended.
- Introduction to IBM Forms 8.0 and Forms Experience Builder (FEB)
- IBM Forms Experience Builder (FEB) Overview
- IBM Forms Classic vs. IBM Forms Experience Builder
- LAB: IBM FEB UI Tour Introduction
- LAB: IBM FEB Application Development
- IBM Forms Experience Builder - Custom Themes
- LAB: Creating Custom Themes
- IBM Forms Experience Builder - Application Security
- LAB: Exploring Application Security
- FEB Personalization Integration with Websphere Portal (FEB Installation and configuration)
- LAB: Integrating IBM Forms Experience Builder with WebSphere Portal
- IBM Forms Experience Builder Architecture and Services Integration
- LAB: IBM Forms Experience Builder - REST API
- IBM Forms 8.0 Classic Overview
- IBM Forms 8.0 Classic Architecture
- IBM Forms 8.0 Classic - Forms Designer
- LAB: IBM Classic Forms 8.0 Designer
- IBM Forms 8.0 Classic - WebForms Server vs. WebForm Viewer
- LAB: Tour of IBM Forms Viewer
- Integrating IBM Forms Classic with IBM Case Manager