This is a two-day, instructor-led integration testing tool training course.
This two-day course provides an in-depth look at how the functionality available in IBM Rational Integration Tester (RIT) and Rational Test Virtualization Server (RTVS) can be used to test message-oriented middleware applications.
- Demonstrate how Rational Integration Tester and Rational Test Virtualization Server can facilitate virtualization of services in a message-oriented middleware applications by
- Recording messages to provide a model of the system under test.
- Creating stubs and virtualized services for message-based systems.
- Allowing the running of virtualized services with little manual intervention.
- Demonstrate how to virtualize database connections within the system under test.
- Describe how to virtualize Java method calls.
- Publish virtual services to the Rational Test Control Panel, allowing them to be
deployed and managed from a central repository.
Our primary audience for this course is a:
- Software tester
- Test Manager
The secondary target audience for this course are:
- System architects
- Software developers
- Working knowledge of XML or other message schemas
- Web services, JMS or IBM Websphere MQ
- Helpful to know regular expressions, SQL and ECMAScript
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: Rational Virtualization Server architecture
- Unit 3: Project setup
- Unit 4: Vacation Booking application
- Unit 5: Modeling the system under test
- Unit 6: Creating, running, publishing and deploying stubs
- Unit 7: Creating a stub from MEP
- Unit 8: Storing and manipulating data