This course teaches you how to install and use the IBM Monitoring v8.1.1 software to manage your environment. You install and configure the product, install various agents, create applications, manage users, detect problems and integrate with NetCool/OMNIbus, IBM Tivoli Monitoring, and IBM Operations Analytics Log Analysis.
After you complete this course, you can perform the following tasks:
• Describe the IBM Monitoring architecture.
• Install and configure IBM Monitoring.
• Administer, use, and navigate the Performance Management Console to monitor and
manage a monitoring solution that is built with IBM Monitoring.
• Manage events effectively by using facilities that are provided with IBM Monitoring.
• Integrate IBM Monitoring with other products.
• Run reports and a 7-day comparison.
This course is designed for users, administrators, and implementers.
Before taking this course, you should have the following skills:
Introduction to IBM Monitoring
Administer and use IBM Performance Management
Managing events and thresholds
Reporting and 7-day comparison